Chausson Motorhomes on forecourt

24 September 2020

COVID Guidelines

To ensure a safe environment for both our staff and customers, and as a result of new rules from the Government regarding Covid-19, we have implemented the following appropriate safety measures / protocols:

Customers wishing to visit our premises to drop off a vehicle for servicing, or to view our range of new Chaussons,   and also our used motorhomes are now required to contact us for an appointment time.   We thank you for your co-operation, this will enable us to control more effectively the number of people on site at any one time, and also allows us more opportunity to carry out regular clean downs / sanitising of the vehicle interiors.

On arriving on site you will be asked to sanitise using hand gel, and for those wishing to use them,  gloves and face masks are available.

In respect of the NHS Track and Trace program the `lead` member of your group will need to provide their name and contact number, alternatively if you have the NHS Track & Trace App you can register your visit here using the QR Code on the poster in the showroom.

Social distancing systems and signage are being used in accordance with Government guidelines

Hand sanitisers are located at all entry and exit points

Staff  are provided with the required PPE in all departments.

For any customers not yet comfortable to leave home and visit showrooms,  but wanting to purchase a motorhome, we are pleased to offer a personalised video walk through on whatsapp or similar platforms, please call for details : 01227 289111

posted by TC Motorhomes at

14 August 2020

Motorhoming in the Autumn

When people think of taking a holdiay in the UK, they imagine the seaside with it's ice-cream, or visiting a water park to cool down. 

Have you considered booking a campsite in autumn could have many advantages? first of all, the schools go back at the start of September, this means that the campsites located around the UK are less likely to be fully booked, so it's an ideal time to visit some great lcoations without the bustle of the busy peak season.

Additionally the prices for campsite are reduced the further out of peak season it is, so you will be able to stay a bit longer, or book somewhere else and have two trips for the same type of price you would pay for just one trip in the middle of August.

Autum is an ideal time to visit some of the UK's best walks, when the leaves start to change colour it can be magical, with the bonus it can still be quite warm during the day. If you are also in to photography the Autumn light can create some fantastic warm shots, portraits can have a glow and the sunsets are stunning. 

If you choose to stay in an area with low light polution autumn evenings are crisp and the skies are clear and its a great opportunity to see the stars and planets, there are some great apps for your phone to help you identify stars and planets. Google Sky Map Android App

Places to stay in Autumn.

The Camping and Caravanning club has a section on their website listing all of the great campsites located in the UK. 

Below is our list of a few places that stood out.

Ravenglass - Lake District

Rated 5 Stars

This location is listed as great for photography, located within a national park, close to beaches which will have sunsets in the autumn and lots of local pubs where you will be able to enjoy a pub lunch. 

Visit website: Ravenglass - Lake District

Tavistock - Cornwall

Rated 5 Stars

This one is great for walks and for cycling, so if your motorhome has space for bikes this one is ideal. Another site for great for photography, located close to the beach, within a national park and dogs are welcome. 

Visit website: Tavistock - Cornwall

Hayfield - Peak District 

Rated 5 Stars

Another site located within a national park, great for photographers, great for families, so you could take the grandkids on a mini vacation with you. 

Visit website: Hayfield - Peak District

Culzean Castle - Scotland

Rating 4.5 Stars

Located in Scotland this campsite is in the grounds of the Culzen Castle, its appeal is for sea views with stunning sunsets so another location great for any keen photographer. Dogs are welcome at this site so perfect for walks around the country park. 

Visit website: Culzean Castle - Scotland

For a full list of places to stay in the UK, take a look on the Camping and Caravaning website.


posted by TC Motorhomes at

07 August 2020

Swift 664 Handover

Tanya, Simon and family from Cliffsend, are pictured taking delivery of their first family motorhome, a Swift 664 Lifestyle Special Edition.

As local business owners, getting a holiday, or just a short break can be difficult at times.

However with the motorhome, long weekends and maybe occasionally a longer break are suddenly possible, and in a changing world where travel can now be very difficult, Tanya and Simon believe that the Motorhome gives them the independence and flexibility that they need for themselves and their family.


posted by TC Motorhomes at

Got a question? Contact us »